Wednesday, July 23, 2014

MY SKATING AH-HA FINALLY HAPPENED!!!!


Oh the deliciousness of the ice!  Putting my bare feet into those resplendent black Harlicks is the beginning of the icegasm.  Yesterday, I decided en route to the rink that I WAS GOING TO HAVE AN AH-HA BREAKTHROUGH, DAMNIT!!!!!.....and so I did!

The freestyle sessions had few people and much ice space.  Ooooooh, I like this!  I did a late afternoon session which is not usual for me, two sessions actually, because once I get down there and all padded up, one session is simply NOT ENOUGH!

I did the infamous crossover - which to any skater may sound quite elementary, and to any non-skater it's no big deal when they're used to only watching the Olympians do impossibly daring feats with the ease of eating pudding (vanilla with rasberries on top)   But to ME......this is huge.  I've been practicing this for a long time, and also standing still doing them without gliding, to FEEL the weight shift with ease from left to right foot, to FEEL the edges of the blades and most of all, TO LOSE THE FEAR that's been an almost constant companion.

Not only did I finally 'take the plunge' - and I don't mean falling, I mean lifting that foot while gliding and crossing over.....but I was able to keep the right foot crossed over the left and glide THAT way!!!!  I did it with ease, did it with the FEEL of confidence that was evading me for so long.  I just kept thinking of the Olympians, seeing Meryl and all the others--thinking "look what THEY do.....I CAN DO THIS!!!"

Skating backwards is trickier.  I'm practicing doing a partial swizzle and keeping that foot off the ice while continuing the reverse glide on the one foot.  It is when I skate backwards that I've had my falls, but thankfully, the ICE HALO paid for itself 100 times over when my head bounced off what felt like a pillow, not hard ice, and no pain ensued (that was a different session, not last night).

I listened all the way down to the rink to the Mantra Music Robbi & I are creating in the studio, which is ethereal, amazing, beautiful and soul lifting....one track is published, the other still has to have my violin track created and then the great mix, mastering and putting on the Sacred Grove Productions channel on You Tube.  We will be adding more of David Holeman's visionary artwork for the viewing pleasure of all.  The vibration of his amazing artwork resonates with this music.

I put this in because my sense is that listening to these tracks that were born originally from my inspiration playground, then created with my wizard-genius co-creative partner, Robbi Spencer - put my beingness in a place of ease, and that ease stayed with me on the ice.  Bestowing EASE is one of the intentions of this musical gift I am sharing with the world.

Here's the link to hear this in case you haven't already, fellow beings of life, love and verve: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMW1X0xeYaM

Well, it's off to the ice for this gal, for more AH-HA moments and great icegasms are calling me!!!!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment